Ads by Amazon UK

24 November 2013

Picture of the Day #2


I took this picture in autumn last year while practicing the zoom burst technique. This was taken in my son's school. The ground was covered with fallen cherry leaves, mostly coloured yellow. I chose this particular composition where one leaf was surrounded by others. I thought it would make a good focal point for a zoom burst picture. I loved the results of the original coloured version, which I featured in the zoom burst post. It turned out better than I expected.

This year, I thought of converting the same photo to black and white, just to see how it turned out. I liked it, especially the 'ghostly' effect of the single leaf amidst the surrounding leaves. And quite timely, too, as I did the conversion a few days after Halloween.

Details

  • F 16
  • ISO 100
  • 1 second
  • 14mm
  • Shutter priority mode
  • Olympus E-PL1
  • Olympus mZuiko 14-42mm f3.5-5.6
  • Hand held
  • Post-processing: GIMP 2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment