Ads by Amazon UK

27 November 2013

Picture of the Day #3


It's autumn again, a time of great colours in the outdoors. I took the photo above last year in a place which my children and I frequently pass by when going to their school. Nothing out of the ordinary really about the place so no surprise there that the image I took was er, just ordinary, too.

I took the picture because of the colour of the leaves, which at that time was what caught my eye. I thought of a way of how to get the effect that I wanted to, which is to make the colour stand out. Then I remembered selective colouring, which I learned a few years back when I started using GIMP editing software. So, I applied this technique to this picture and I like what I saw afterwards. The coloured leaf in the post processed photo had its symmetry dramatised as well.

Details

  • F 5.6
  • ISO 320
  • 1/80 seconds
  • 17 mm
  • Aperture priority mode
  • Olympus E-PL1
  • Olympus mZuiko 17mm f2.8
  • Handheld
  • Post-processing: GIMP 2.8

Here is the original JPEG file of the image sans post-processing.


No comments:

Post a Comment