Ads by Amazon UK

5 January 2014

Sweet hello

Untitled
Photo: Pinoyborian's Flickr

My last images in 2013 were macro/close-ups of roses and a couple of sweets. I've already made several close-ups of roses last year but I was particularly excited with the sweets. I have wanted to take macro images of sweets after reading a magazine tutorial.

I found a couple of sweets leftover by my son so I quickly hid it for taking close ups later. Imprinted in each sweet were the words Hello and Cheeky Boy. Tacky, I know but I found them just in the nick of time so I did not have the luxury to choose the words I liked.

Please check out my Flickr set Sweet Hello for the rest of the close-up shots of the sweets. My macro photography set-up for these images was composed of the Olympus Pen E-PL2 (with trigger) on a tripod and Minolta Rokkor MD 50mm f1.4, Vivitar 2x macro teleconverter mounted on Fotodiox MD-m43 adapter.

All shots were taken at f2.8 - f5.6, if I recall correctly and post-processed with Snapseed for Android app in my Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment